1. What information do we collect?
As part of the process of registering for an event, ticket buyers, or attendees, must agree to volunteer some information about themselves. This information may include name, email address, mailing address, phone, as well as other information required to complete the registration process.
In addition to information volunteered by users, SeatAdvisor collects additional information about user behavior on SeatAdvisor properties. This information includes IP addresses, approximate geographic regions, browsers, operating systems, and other device characteristics.
SeatAdvisor does not knowingly collect personal information on children under the age of 13. SeatAdvisor Terms of Service prohibits children under the age of 13 from submitting personal information to SeatAdvisor. If you believe data has been collected about a child under 13 years of age, please notify email@example.com.
2. Why do we collect this information and how do we use it?
First and foremost, information is collected to help us deliver the highest level of service to our users. Here are some of the specific ways in which we accomplish that:
- Use for Specific Purpose: Information provided for a specific purpose will be used for that purpose. Most commonly, this applies to information provided during the registration process, which will be used to fulfill your request to attend an event (for example, processing payments).
- Communication: SeatAdvisor and event organizers may use the information you provide to communicate with you. Often, this communication channel exists to share important information, such as cancellation warnings, about the events you are attending. SeatAdvisor and event organizers may also contact you to promote related events and other information. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time, either during the checkout process or later in your account settings.
- SeatAdvisor’s Business: In order to continuously improve the product and the Service, we will use information provided to measure the performance of the Service to understand the ways in which our services are being utilized. Information can also be used for SeatAdvisor’s business, including but not limited to fraud prevention, business performance, and customer and market analysis
- Event Organizers’ Business: Some information will be shared with event organizers for business purposes, including but not limited to event access control, marketing and communication with attendees, and customer and market analysis.
- Personalization: SeatAdvisor may use the information provided to deliver more personalized services, including but not limited to advertisements, local event recommendations, and content.
The basis for SeatAdvisor processing this information can be for one of the following reasons:
- Consent: You have given us specific consent to process your data by accepting our terms of service.
- Contract: You have entered into a contract with SeatAdvisor and we are processing the data to fulfill the duties of that contract.
- Legitimate Interest: SeatAdvisor and event organizers using SeatAdvisor have a legitimate interest to collect and process that data. Most often these interests are related to the logistics or security for an event you are affiliated with.
3. How is this information shared?
SeatAdvisor may share your information with other parties in limited circumstances:
- Event Organizers: When you purchase a ticket or register as an attendee for an event, we will share your information and associated analytics with the organizer of that event.
- Vendors, Consultants, Service Providers: SeatAdvisor works with vendors, consultants and service providers to perform business-related functions. These engagements can include payment processing, risk management services, analytics services, marketing services, software consultation, and others. During these engagements, we may need to share information provided in order to perform business-related functions.
- Legal Requirements: Where required by law, SeatAdvisor may share certain information with law enforcement, courts, or government agencies.
- Business Transfer: In the event of a sale, merger, or change in control, we may also share your personal data as part of that business transfer.
4. For EU Individuals: Your Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation?
- As a user of SeatAdvisor, you have some choices related to the use of your information. Any requests related to your information should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing communication. You may do so at any time by submitting a request to the event organizer from which you purchased tickets.
- Individuals within the European Union or European Economic Area are entitled to additional choices as a result of the data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation, more commonly referred to as “GDPR”. The following are those additional choices.
- Access and Export: You have access to view your data at any time by contacting the event organizer from which you purchased tickets. You may also request a machine readable format export of your data by contacting email@example.com.
- Limit Use: You can request that we limit the use of your data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification: If you find inaccuracies in your information, you have the ability to request that those inaccuracies be corrected by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Removal: You can request that your data be removed from the SABO system by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For legal, accounting, and safety reasons, some data may not be able to be immediately removed or anonymized. For example, to comply with anti-money laundering laws, we may be required to maintain personal information tied to financial transactions. Such data may only be able to be removed after a minimum required data retention period.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: Supervisory Authorities Link. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
5. For EU and Swiss Individuals: Privacy Shield Notice for Personal Data Transfers to the United States
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, SeatAdvisor Inc is subject to the regulatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also may correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
SeatAdvisor Inc accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular SeatAdvisor Inc remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless SeatAdvisor Inc proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, SeatAdvisor Inc commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact SeatAdvisor Inc by email at email@example.com or via post at:
Attn: Rory O’Donnell
2655 Camino Del Rio N.
San Diego, CA 92108
SeatAdvisor Inc has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at This Link
Updated October 17, 2018