1. What information do we collect?
As part of the process of registering for an event, ticket buyers, or attendees, must agree to volunteer some information about themselves. This information may include name, email address, mailing address, phone, as well as other information required to complete the registration process.
In addition to information volunteered by users, SeatAdvisor collects additional information about user behavior on SeatAdvisor properties. This information includes IP addresses, approximate geographic regions, browsers, operating systems, and other device characteristics.
SeatAdvisor does not knowingly collect personal information on children under the age of 13. SeatAdvisor Terms of Service prohibits children under the age of 13 from submitting personal information to SeatAdvisor. If you believe data has been collected about a child under 13 years of age, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Why do we collect this information and how do we use it?
First and foremost, information is collected to help us deliver the highest level of service to our users. Here are some of the specific ways in which we accomplish that:
- Use for Specific Purpose: Information provided for a specific purpose will be used for that purpose. Most commonly, this applies to information provided during the registration process, which will be used to fulfill your request to attend an event (for example, processing payments).
- Communication: SeatAdvisor and event organizers may use the information you provide to communicate with you. Often, this communication channel exists to share important information, such as cancellation warnings, about the events you are attending. SeatAdvisor and event organizers may also contact you to promote related events and other information. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time, either during the checkout process or later in your account settings.
- SeatAdvisor’s Business: In order to continuously improve the product and the Service, we will use information provided to measure the performance of the Service to understand the ways in which our services are being utilized. Information can also be used for SeatAdvisor’s business, including but not limited to fraud prevention, business performance, and customer and market analysis
- Event Organizers’ Business: Some information will be shared with event organizers for business purposes, including but not limited to event access control, marketing and communication with attendees, and customer and market analysis.
- Personalization: SeatAdvisor may use the information provided to deliver more personalized services, including but not limited to advertisements, local event recommendations, and content.
The basis for SeatAdvisor processing this information can be for one of the following reasons:
- Consent: You have given us specific consent to process your data by accepting our terms of service.
- Contract: You have entered into a contract with SeatAdvisor and we are processing the data to fulfill the duties of that contract.
- Legitimate Interest: SeatAdvisor and event organizers using SeatAdvisor have a legitimate interest to collect and process that data. Most often these interests are related to the logistics or security for an event you are affiliated with.
3. How is this information shared?
SeatAdvisor may share your information with other parties in limited circumstances:
- Event Organizers: When you purchase a ticket or register as an attendee for an event, we will share your information and associated analytics with the organizer of that event.
- Vendors, Consultants, Service Providers: SeatAdvisor works with vendors, consultants and service providers to perform business-related functions. These engagements can include payment processing, risk management services, analytics services, marketing services, software consultation, and others. During these engagements, we may need to share information provided in order to perform business-related functions.
- Legal Requirements: Where required by law, SeatAdvisor may share certain information with law enforcement, courts, or government agencies.
- Business Transfer: In the event of a sale, merger, or change in control, we may also share your personal data as part of that business transfer.
4. What choices do I have about my information?
- As a user of SeatAdvisor, you have some choices related to the use of your information. Any requests related to your information should be directed to email@example.com.
- You have the ability to opt-out of receiving marketing communication. You may do so at any time by submitting a request to the event organizer from which you purchased tickets.
- Individuals within the European Union or European Economic Area are entitled to additional choices as a result of the data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation, more commonly referred to as “GDPR”. The following are those additional choices.
- Access and Export: You have access to view your data at any time by contacting the event organizer from which you purchased tickets. You may also request a machine readable format export of your data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limit Use: You can request that we limit the use of your data by contacting email@example.com.
- Rectification: If you find inaccuracies in your information, you have the ability to request that those inaccuracies be corrected by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Removal: You can request that your data be removed from the SABO system by contacting email@example.com. For legal, accounting, and safety reasons, some data may not be able to be immediately removed or anonymized. For example, to comply with anti-money laundering laws, we may be required to maintain personal information tied to financial transactions. Such data may only be able to be removed after a minimum required data retention period.
5. Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
Internal Dispute Resolution Dept.
Attn: Rory O’Donnell
2655 Camino Del Rio N.
San Diego, CA 92108
SeatAdvisor Inc has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/ for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. It is possible, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration.
Updated May 29, 2018