SeatAdvisor delivers a smarter ticketing and patron management solution to help venues worldwide nurture and grow their audiences. We support a wide range of customers including performing arts, universities, high schools, hotels, race tracks, sports organizations and festivals. Our customers include the Alex Theatre, San Diego State University, Del Mar Racetrack, Academy Awards, Hotel Del Coronado and thousands of other venues worldwide.
Why Join SeatAdvisor?
If you are looking to join a growing, innovative SaaS company headquartered in beautiful San Diego, SeatAdvisor may be the place for you. We are a fun-loving, collegial group with a passion for performing arts, sports and other live ticketed events. We like to create new and innovative ways for our customers to grow their audiences and better ways for their patrons to buy tickets to their favorite events. We offer great benefits (medical, dental, 401K, PTO, holidays) as well as two kinds of craft beer in the kitchen. The office is casual with couches in meeting areas, nerf guns in abundance and a highly interactive culture that is always looking for good ideas. Located in Mission Valley, we are minutes from downtown and the beach. If this sounds like the type of company that you are looking for, check out our job openings below and contact us if you are a fit.
Full Stack Software Engineer
SeatAdvisor, a proven innovator delivering a smarter ticketing and patron management solution for venues worldwide, is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer. If you are the kind of person who loves a holistic approach to building product, bringing backend and front end technology together, and love working on a platform used by millions to buy tickets for events they care about, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’ll be a core team member building a smarter ticketing platform for performing arts and sports organizations.
- You’ll work with UX/UI Designers, Product Managers, and fellow developers to build both web and mobile components.
- You’ll be working across the team, bringing everyone’s specializations together into a final product.
- You’ll be responsible for rapidly developing new features, without sacrificing quality, while maintaining and improving the existing product.
- You’ll review your teammates code and have your code reviewed to encourage consistent excellence and shared knowledge.
Who we think will be a great fit…
- You’re willing to have fun, can handle challenging situations with a sense of humor, but more importantly, you have a passion for being part of an exciting, dynamic company based in beautiful San Diego
- Strong written and verbal skills to be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members
- You’re willing to invest in our customers and develop deep empathy for their needs, able to distill insights into the right solution
- Demonstrated experience crafting and maintaining modern web applications
- Experience translating complex requirements into actual customer experience
- Self-starter that is comfortable taking ownership of problems
- Experience with frameworks such as IoC, REST, MVC, and persistence
- Exposure to database fundamentals
- Experience developing with automated testing, unit tests, and integration tests in mind, as well as build frameworks such as Maven or Gradle
- Hands-on experience with front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, React, JQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Possesses passion and an advanced level of knowledge of web and mobile applications
- Adherence to web standards and best practices, including responsive design, with a desire to stay up to date with modern development trends (but can exercise good judgement as to when to implement them)
- Good understanding of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Experience in an agile development environment, grounded in metrics
- Willing to balance developing new and innovative applications as well as debug/refactor existing code
- Accurately identify and estimate work tasks for project schedules that you consistently deliver against on time
- Experience (3+ years) as a software engineer building large-scale web applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, or related field
- Experience building applications with a microservices architecture
- Experience with Social APIs – Facebook, Twitter, others
- Dynamic CSS technologies such as Sass or LESS
- Java/JVM based languages such as Groovy, REST, Spring-cloud, scripting languages
- Oracle, Jetty, Tomcat
- Amazon Web Services: ECS, S3, SWF, EC2, Route53, ELB, Docker
- Excellent medical and dental plans
- Equity in a fast growing, stable, and exciting company
- Catered engineering lunches every other Tuesday